What's Changed from Surveyor "Classic"?
Some of these changes are listed below, with links to more detailed explanations:
* Multiple baseboards
can be added or deleted at once (using the Marquee Tool
* Assets are now highlighted when selected
, making it obvious which objects will be updated.
* Multiple objects
can be selected and manipulated
at the same time.
* The 2D Anchor
provides various handles to drag or rotate selected objects
* Contextual Menus
provide a range of advanced operations specific to the selected object(s).
* Assets are now listed in a single Palette
rather than multiple Tool Tabs.
* Asset-type filters, search functionality, and your custom picklists and saved filters are all available in the Assets Palette
, so you only see the content you really want to see listed.
* Asset-type tools and tool tabs are replaced with various Tools
that operate on all asset types.
* Palette size and position can be customised
so you choose how, where and when the information and tools appear on screen.
* New Palettes offer more information about the Trainz environment, including your current layer
, object location, compass focus position
, and more.
* Texture and terrain height brushes
are now unlimited in size, making bulk updates even easier.
* A new Scrapbook Asset
has been introduced, allowing users to save and share "Scenes".
* A resizable Preview Palette
is available to preview your selected Asset at any size.